Mac and PC versions of both Camtasia and Snag-It are available for office and home use by Purdue faculty and staff (all campuses). Graduate and undergrad students are licensed to use them on Purdue-owned computers only.
All licenses must be tracked. For individuals wishing to get the software, please follow this procedure:
- Interested faculty and staff should send e-mail to email@example.com to request the software. A footprints ticket will automatically be generated to the ITaP Licensing group.
- ITaP Licensing will update the ticket with the registration form for the faculty or staff member to fill out (a copy is attached to this email).
- Once the registration is returned to the Distribution Desk (via e-mail, Campus Mail, or walk-in), ITaP Licensing will share the appropriate zip file containing both the software installer and a text file with the license key.
- ITaP Licensing will then resolve the ticket with text notifying the customer to expect the Filelocker e-mail, and that the needed license key is included in the download.
All groups distributing the TechSmith software must be clear that home-use is not available to individuals with any student designation.
- ITaP service pages:
- Camtasia / Snag IT: http://www.purdue.edu/goldanswers/740594
ITaP will offer workshops on Camtasia and Snag-It in beginning late summer and fall 2013.
[ — from ITaP summer 2013 ]