College of Education Email Distribution Lists
Dear COE Email Users (faculty, staff, students, and guests),
We are glad to have you on email and hope you will read your email daily. The COE has several internal email distribution lists which are the basis for a great deal of communication within the COE. Please feel free to make use of these valuable tools to communicate with your colleagues regarding Purdue and College of Education business.
As a common courtesy, pease use our mailing lists for Purdue/College related business and do not send non-Purdue and/or personal communication to our lists.
There are several important distribution lists that will help you stay in contact with the COE community…
Faculty and Staff should be subscribed to at least three lists (COE-L + COEFACULTY or COESTAFF + Your Departmental List). Contact your departmental head secretary and/or supervisor if you are not subscribed to a list.
Students should subscribe themselves to the appropriate student lists (COEGRAD or TeachEd). See below for details.
Guests should request access to various lists from deans and department heads.
Please use our lists to share announcements, successes, questions, and any important communication that you may need to disseminate to the EDU community. Once subscribed, simply send email to a list address and your message will be distributed to everyone in the corresponding subscription list. The mailing lists are:
|List Address||Subscription Info (click link to request subscription)|
|COE-L@lists.purdue.edu||the main College of Education mailing list — all Education faculty, staff, and some guests|
|COEFACULTY@lists.purdue.edu||Education faculty only|
|COESTAFF@lists.purdue.edu||Education staff only|
|EDST-L@lists.purdue.edu||Department of Educational Studies mailing list — all EDST faculty, staff, guests|
|CI-L@lists.purdue.edu||Department of Curriculum & Instruction mailing list — all EDCI faculty, staff, guests|
|COEGRAD@lists.purdue.edu||COE Graduate Student mailing list [for details, contact the Education Office of Graduate Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org]|
|TEACHED@lists.purdue.edu||For candidates in Teacher Education Programs (both undergraduate and graduate students) [list details]|
|AS-L@lists.purdue.edu||Academic Services Offices|
|TECON-L@lists.purdue.edu||Teacher Education Program Conveners [administered by OPPL: email@example.com]|
|TE-ADVISORS-L@lists.purdue.edu||Teacher Education Advisors [administered by Office of Advising and Recruiting: firstname.lastname@example.org]|
|TEAEDU@lists.purdue.edu||Teacher Education Advisors + Faculty Advisors [administered by OPPL: email@example.com]|
|Other||Additional mailing lists may be administered by offices and individuals in the College of Education. Please contact offices/individuals directly for more information.|
- All distribution lists — except COEGRAD & TEACHED — are closed, meaning that subscription is given by special permission only (users cannot self-subscribe).
- Only the subscribers of a given list can send email to the list.
- COE-L is typically not available to graduate students unless they also hold regular Purdue staff positions.
- Subscription to EDST-L or CI-L must be authorized by the department head.
- All COE-L subscribers may send email to COEGRAD without being subscribed to COEGRAD.
- The TEACHED list is closed and moderated by OPPL.
- Departments and Offices may have other internal lists that you may need to subscribe to. Please check with your departmental main office and/or supervisor for details.
- Subscription to AS-L must be authorized by an Academic Services director.
If you (or someone you know) are not subscribed to a needed distribution list, please contact your department or supervisor immediately so we can get you in the email loop.
If you need to create an email distribution list for a class, see the ITaP instructions for creating a class email distribution list.