Please feel free to contact us with questions regarding information technology. We provide services such as: technology consultation/think tanking, video-conferencing, computer lab scheduling, hardware/software specs, software installation, computer upgrades/maintenance, web authoring assistance, email help, employee candidate skills assessment, etc.
10 Things New People Need To Know
To aid faculty in the process of writing grant proposals that include a technology component, we have developed a grant proposal pre-submission technology questionnaire. Please consider this document as you begin to prepare your proposal.
Education Office of Information Technology
General Contact Information
|Education IT Email (preferred)||email@example.com|
|Education IT Web Site||https://www.education.purdue.edu/edit|
|Education IT Web Request Form||https://www.education.purdue.edu/ithelp|
|Education IT Phone||494-2658 or 494-2659|
|Teaching Resource Center Web Site||http://www.trc.purdue.edu|
|Teaching Resource Center Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Teaching Resource Center Phone||494-5677|
Our team shares a common help desk system, so when you send email to email@example.com, the entire team can see and determine how to respond to your request. This is the quickest way to bring something to the attention of the IT team.
Education IT Team
Office of Information Technology
|Mike Harrington||Coordinator of User Services||BRNG firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ted Fondak||IT Technician, Lead||BRNG email@example.com|
|Joshua Anderson||IT Technician, Lead||BRNG firstname.lastname@example.org|
Database Developer GA
Looking for help with the Assessment Portal?
Assessment Tools Coordinator
Office of Strategic Assessment
Purdue University IT Resource Policies
College of Education IT Resource Policies
- Departmental File Servers — share files & printers
- Office 365: OneDrive, Office Productivity apps, etc.
- Qualtrics Survey System — create online surveys
- Assessment Portal — Online Assessment System for Key Assessments
- Brightspace — learning management system supported by TLT
- Purdue Wireless Networks — “PAL3.0” and “eduroam”
- COE Windows Lab — 16 Windows Workstations, BRNG 3157
- COE Windows Lab — 13 Windows Workstations, BRNG 3295
- Teaching Resource Center — Education library and equipment checkout; plus computer workstations in BRNG 3287
- Videoconferencing facilities — BRNG 3272 as well as portable systems
ITaP and Email:
ITaP stands for Information Technology @ Purdue. The central ITaP organization maintains the central technology infrastructure @ Purdue. The Education IT team works closely with ITaP, but is a local resource that belongs to the College of Education. For more information about the central IT@P organization, see: http://www.itap.purdue.edu
The Purdue Exchange server is the central email/calendaring server for Purdue faculty and staff. If you don’t have email yet, please contact Education IT ASAP.
Off campus access to web and email:
- For high speed access (cable or DSL), please contact a local ISP such as Comcast or Frontier.
- Purdue’s Email Services: http://www.itap.purdue.edu/email/
- Office 365 Web Interface: http://portal.office.com
- Outlook Web Interface: https://outlook.office.com
COE web sites and Mailing Lists of Interest:
|College of Education||http://www.education.purdue.edu/|
|Department of Curriculum & Instruction||http://www.edci.purdue.edu/|
|Department of Educational Studies||http://www.edst.purdue.edu/|
|Information Technology Services||http://www.education.purdue.edu/edit|
|Teaching Resource Center||http://trc.purdue.edu/|
|COE Staff and Faculty Mailing List||COE-L@purdue.edu|
|COE Faculty Mailing List||COEFACULTY@purdue.edu|
|C & I Staff and Faculty Mailing List||CI-L@purdue.edu|
|EDST Staff and Faculty Mailing List||EDST-L@purdue.edu|
|Personal Software Purchases||http://www.itap.purdue.edu/shopping/software/|